Who we are
Living by Robertson understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.livingbyrobertson.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner, that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Information Collected by Living By Robertson
Personal information means information that identifies (or which could, with other information that we hold or are likely to hold, identify) a living individual. This includes any information provided to us in relation to your use of our website
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and includes information you provide when you register to use the website, and use the services provided by the website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, as well as details of any comments you provide to us.
- By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for analytics purposes. For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site.
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
Third Party Cookies
Third party Cookies are not placed by Us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How Do We Use Your Data?
- to keep you informed about relevant Living by Robertson developments and news and provide you with information on services you have requested
- website administration and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to send relevant advertising to you
- to process and complete a reservation and purchase contract of a Living by Robertson
- to provide you with customer services after you have purchased a property.
- for compliance and crime prevention
How does we protect your data?
Living by Robertson follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us. We have implemented security polices, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control. The security measures are designed to prevent unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
Please remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is completely secure and reliable. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How long we retain your data
If you submit your details for the purposes of enquiring about a specific property or development, the personal information we collect on the Site and that you provide when you contact us will be held for the period that the specific development is on sale, plus an additional 12 months thereafter (the “Time Period”).
- If you ask for your details to be applied to a new property or development the Time Period will begin again.
- After the Time Period has elapsed, information that could be used to identify you personally will be removed; however, your postcode and some demographic information may be retained. This information will be used for our research purposes in an aggregated form only.
- If you purchase a home from Living by Robertson, a different retention period will apply. This will be explained to you at the time you reserve a property.
What rights you have over your data
Your rights under data protection law in relation to the way we process your personal data are set out below. You may contact us using the details on our site) to exercise any of these rights, and we will respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request.
Access to your personal data and data portability
You have a right of subject access. This means that you are entitled to request a copy of your personal data and we will grant you access or provide you with all personal data that we hold about you, subject to some limited exemptions (for example, you will not necessarily be entitled to access third party personal information).
Also, you have a right of data portability. Under this right for information which you have provided to us, you are entitled to request that this is provided to you (or to another organisation) in a portable, machine readable, electronic format.
You can withdraw your consent for us to provide you with further information about specific properties or developments. To do this, please follow the unsubscribe option attached to all our marketing emails and SMS messages.
Rectify your personal data
You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.
Erase your personal data
You have right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to the way we process your data (in line with your right to unsubscribe above).
Object to our use of your personal data
You have a right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you (for example, if you would not like to be subject to any profiling).
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal data we would be happy to address your query in the first instance.
Will we disclose the information to third parties?
Living by Robertson will not sell, trade or rent your personal information. We may appoint suppliers, sub-contractors or agents to assist us in using your data carrying out the administrative and advertising activities set out in section 6 above and to provide you with other service(s) that you request.
Examples of such services include following up on enquiries made by you, providing further information on Living by Robertson products and carrying out viewings, or in connection with reservation/purchase at Living by Robertson properties and/or developments. Accordingly, we may pass on your personal information to any of Living by Robertson’ approved suppliers, sub-contractors or agents for these purposes.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic and printed communications.
- Google/Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/LinkedIn to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet.
- Demographic data suppliers who help us to understand the populations of areas in which we are operating
- Estate agents or surveying companies to value your current home for a part exchange against a Robertson Home (where you have asked us to do so)
- Independent Financial Advisors (as above – only when given consent to do so)
- National House-Building Council (NHBC), our warranty and insurance provider
- Factoring Agents
- Independent customer research – Inhouse & NHBC to help our business improve with feedback from our customers.
What our customers say
We couldn’t be happier about our experience with the sales team and the site team. They made sure it was a smooth transition into our new home.
We are over the moon and impressed with the quality, Quayside is perfect for us.
I love the open plan layout of my Barcelona style apartment. It’s perfect for entertaining.